Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weird Stuff Part 3

My mom is a wonderful Christian lady, so naturally she has some expressions of her faith throughout her house. She does have a lot of nice things to represent her love for God, and some that are just...well...weird...

She was raised Catholic, so naturally she has a bust of the Blessed Virgin surrounded by angels...



And Irish Jesus with a heart wrapped in a crown of thorns...




She also has this cross. I am pretty sure that this cross is very historically accurate. I have a Bible degree and I think I remember that a traditional Roman crucifixion included a bedazzler...



Then there is this. Yeah. It is Buddha sitting in a glass bowl. What does this have to do with Christianity? Nothing. Why does she have this? Who knows? But I have tried to throw it away before, and she wouldn't let me. I guess she feels that every house needs its standard false god...

No comments:

Post a Comment