Thursday, December 2, 2010

Why I am a terrible missionary...

1. Because I like Harry Potter, but have a plan if I ever get caught coming out of the theater after watching it. I will just say, "I am about to move to a place where witchcraft is commonly practiced and I am just doing research."

2. Because even though I don't curse, I think it is really funny when people use the first letter of a curse word instead of the actual word. I know it is a euphemism and the meaning is the same. Still funny.

3. Because I hate homeschooling, am a terrible teacher, and secretly wish I could send my kids to Hogwarts....for research of course.

4. Because I am still trying to figure out how to get my air conditioner to the tribe with me.

5. Because if I have to cross this in order for people to hear the Gospel, well, they just aren't going to hear. Not gonna lie.



6. Because I hate flying, especially with 3 young children, and I know that everyone else on the plane with me hates me flying with 3 young children.

7. Because I own a Britney Spears cd.

8. Because I just told you that I own a Britney Spears cd.

***Side note*** Speaking of Britney Spears, I think Justin Bieber is proof that the feminist movement has come a long way. Now teenage boys are being inappropriately marketed as sex symbols and not just teenage girls.

8. Because of shameless plugs like this one..

9. Because I only have 3 kids.

***another side note*** Speaking of having a lot of kids, who wants to take a poll as to whether or not the Duggars are going to go for an even 20?? And speaking of TLC shows, I used to watch Jon and Kate plus 8, but that was when it was still "Jon and Kate" plus 8 and before they got rich and famous and completely lost their minds. I think the fact that I stopped watching should go in a list called "Why I am a good missionary."


Ok, I have gotten way off track here, but I just thought I would share all my shortcomings with you. Thank goodness for the fact that when we are weak, He is strong!

4 comments:

  1. hey.. you should post the link of your china birth story/testimony... if you can handle that, pretty sure you can handle anything PNG throws your way ;) i also wanted to share your story with a friend, but didnt want to botch the details and get it all wrong. i enjoy reading your blog. keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, it's refreshing to hear a missionary admit their weaknesses. We all have them so thanks for being honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lurve your for being REAL! When we were in the non-denominational church you never got to really know anyone. They were all super Christians even when they slept. Since we've been in the Methodist church the last 5 years, it's been encouraging to meet people who will say "hey, I struggle with _____ but I love the Lord."

    So, why I am a terrible preacher's wife... I love the real housewives of Atlanta. It somehow is nostalgic of the ghetto I grew up with at Goodwyn and Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA HA HA Michelle!! I totally agree!!! Everytime I see commercials for The Real Housewives of Atlanta (I don't have cable) I think, well, I could probably relate to them more than the housewives of any other city!

    ReplyDelete