Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Aftermath...

Disturbing!!



Stop eating yourselves!!!!



Awe, that's better!



Wait...NO!!!!!!!



JM and I looked at this picture and got a very eerie feeling. You know, like the cake when it was intact, was us our first year on the field. All nice looking, and happy. But we are afraid that this is some sort of prophetic picture of what we will look like after 20 years. Our house all falling apart, and our faces bitten off. Needless to say, I was a little freaked out. Then, I remembered all the wonderful missionaries we met at the Missionary Training Center who spent years on the field, and who went through some crazy and difficult experiences but who came out looking like regular people. Our friends, Bob and Sonya, for example, had to emergency evacuate from not one, but two different African countries due to civil war. They lost their homes and all their possessions (including their wedding pictures) but they don't look like they've had their faces bitten off. In fact, they are attractive people. See?
This picture makes me feel a lot better. I think I will look at it instead of the one where my face is bitten off. I just can't handle that anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, if you're a South American missionary you can buy 100% retinol cream for $20 as opposed to hundreds of dollars in the US. I would come back and say "Because I was obedient to the Lord, he kept me young" :) haha. Then in that moment all of my wrinkles and age spots would reappear!

    ReplyDelete