Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Cake

Funny story...
So, I just recently had my 29th birthday. Don't worry, I didn't freak out. I know I have come across as a total spaz in this blog, and I am a total spaz about some things. Getting older is not one of those things. I am 29. Big Woo. My husband is 9 months younger than me which means nothing to me other than he was being conceived as I was being born. (That statement was for you JM...think about that..muhahahaha!!!) But he is constantly trying to make me feel bad for being older. My response is usually, "who cares", but he usually keeps it up. I think he is insecure and is not as comfortable with getting older. GET OVER IT MAN!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!! Anyway...

My wonderful husband wanted to get me something awesome that I would really love for my birthday. He knows I love cake. He knows I love to watch all those cake shows where people make crazy cakes that are really cool and make you say "that is a cake?" We have a friend in Alabama (Hey Ann-Marie!!) who makes said cakes. She should have her own show. Seriously. And, as it turns out we were going to be in Alabama for my birthday. I realized this and started dropping "hints" that I wanted an "Ann Marie" cake for my birthday. I did this by writing it on her facebook wall. Well...JM was way ahead of me and had already talked to her about getting me a cake! He is so sweet, and thoughtful, and hot! (Although, he did get mad at me because it ruined the surprise, and he pouted about that for a while, but I told him it should make him happy that he figured out exactly what I wanted all on his own... I also promised he could have a piece of the cake. I think that he was worried about that) Anyway...

I got a tribal cake. And it was AMAZING!!! Here are some pics:

JM starting a fire with sticks, and me holding baby Mia..



Lu and Mae hanging out the window...



I love all the little details...



And it was delicious too!!!




We haven't eaten any of the people yet. I think I will let each person each their own gum paste self. I am not sure who will eat baby Mia. I am pretty sure that I cannot. I imagine that will give me very strange nightmares! Anyway... My birthday made me very thankful that I have such a talented friend and such a thoughtful husband! Thoughtful and hot...check out those beefy arms! :)



I love you JMGJ!! Sorry I made you think about yourself being conceived!


**More on this picture to come. I am not ready to relive the events of this day yet. I might need therapy before that can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment