Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Shampoo




We are now in the middle of our Sepik Conference. This is simply a time where all the missionaries in our swampy sweltering region of PNG get together to do...something. I am not really sure what yet but I'm new, so I guess that is my excuse. Anyway, there are a lot of people here (12 people in my house alone) and it is a lot of fun...so far. We'll see how everyone feels by Monday when it all ends. With a lot of people comes a lot of work which I should be doing. But instead, I am writing this blog about shampoo. That's right. Shampoo, because I am totally amazed at this.

Marketing FAIL:


Why on earth would you put a picture of a lady with her hair completely covered on a bottle of shampoo? By the writing on the bottle, I can tell that this stuff is probably sold in a majority Muslim country, so I can see that the woman's head would need to be covered. But still, just don't put the picture on there! I mean, leave it off altogether if you can't show the actual hair! Am I the only one that finds this ridiculous??

Then I look a little closer. Maybe this is supposed to be eyebrow shampoo, since that is the only hair that is showing on this woman. And since the bottle is not much bigger than a sharpie, no one could possibly use this more than 3 times on their head hair without running out.



Who would need eyebrow shampoo you ask?

This girl.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jessi.... I laughed so hard when I scrolled down and saw your picture and the abrupt ending! I am still cracking up!!! You are too funny.

    ReplyDelete