Monday, March 19, 2012

Just so you know...


Just so you know. You people are amazing. I posted a while ago about our house building fund and the need we have, and we have been overwhelmed at the response to that! We now have 80% of the funds we need for our house, so my husband came up with this great idea to create an amazon "wish list". You see, a lot of people were asking our needs for our house and wanted to actually purchase stuff themselves, which is incredibly cool. We love that people want to be directly involved in this ministry of tribal church planting. We don't want to be a nameless donation to "world missions" or simply a line item in a church budget. We want PARTNERS!!! People who are invested in this work. Who pray for us, and the people. Who care about what is going on in each step of the process. And apparently, we have that. With you. That is cool.

So anyway, we thought we could create this list of needs for our house and if anyone wanted to buy these things then we wouldn't need that other 20%. Does that make sense? So this list is the other 20% of our house building fund. If all this stuff gets bought, then we will be at 100% and ready to start! Well, we put the word out there and some amazing friends of ours set this challenge up where they will purchase all the items over $300 if we can get everyone else to buy everything else by the end of March. They are pretty cool people who love God and love to see His word go out among the nations. I would like to quote them here and I haven't asked their permission, so I hope they don't get mad, but honestly, friends, if you don't want to be quoted, then don't say such cool things. They said to us, "We can't take our money with us when we go, but we can send it forward." How awesome is that?? I mean we have all heard the saying, "you can't take it with you" but they have found a way to! They invest in souls! They won't see their hard earned cash in Heaven but they will see the faces of people who benefitted from that cash by hearing the Gospel. Did I mention that I think this is awesome?

Anyway, so we are about 11 days away from the end of this challenge and I thought I would post it here on this blog, because...well, this is my blog and I can put whatever I want on here. Kidding. But seriously, just some info in case anyone out there in internet land wants to get involved in this. Also, because for some reason I cannot load the picture on facebook anymore. It just sits there with the little blue lines pulsating at the top all day long. 


Again, because our friends/supporters are so awesome there actually isn't that much stuff left to buy. And I just have to say a big hearty THANK YOU for that! Honestly, this life of being a missionary has many cool perks, but one of the unexpected ones is learning through the sacrifice and support of others. Through all those whom (do I use who or whom here? whom sounded better, but I honestly have no idea) I have witnessed joyfully sacrificing their hard earned money to this mission, I have learned to sacrifice joyfully as well. We were always regular tithers, and gave to missions when we had the chance, but we honestly learned to get excited about giving financially ourselves through watching our own friends give to us excitedly. So thanks for teaching us what it means to be a "cheerful giver" and for helping us grow in this area ourselves. We seriously love you all. ***unless you are a weird internet creeper who is reading this blog. we do not love weird  internet creepers. that is not an invitation to come stalk us and kill us. thank you. ***


So check this out, and go to the amazon list if you want to help!




No comments:

Post a Comment