Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tap Tap...Is this thing on??

Hello??? Is anyone there? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Just kidding about the Bueller part. But I do wonder if anyone is still reading this blog. Which may now win an award for the most boring blog ever, since I still cannot sign in, add pictures, or do anything really except email things to it. Am I just emailing myself here? Who knows?

The bad news is that someone is here to fix our internet, but they really have no idea what the problem is- just that it hates everyone on this mission base. I am not sure why, though. We have never done anything to offend it. We love it. We love it probably more than most people love their internt since it is our only connection to life outside of this island. And the only way to see the faces of our dear loved ones back in the US, Canada, Australia, etc.

Dear dear interweb,
Oh please don't go! We'll eat you up we love you so!!!

Anyway, just letting you know, that I am still here. Still alive and still in the process of becoming a Tribal Wife. My dear husband, the man formerly known as JMG is soon having his last Pidgin test (hopefully) and I hope to be finished by Christmas. By the way, JMG is "former" because our tribal friend gave him a new name..."3-N-1" and yes they are making fun of the fact that he has 3 first names. I guess some things do cross cultural barriers. They have an instant coffee mix here with coffee, cream, and sugar in it called "3-N-1", so that is where they got it. It was lots of fun to hear them refer to him as "3-N-1" in church and a formal ceremony for Independence Day. The also constantly referred to us all as "3-N-1 family". We pretty much loved it.

That is it for now. I am still holding out hope that the web will be fixed one day and I can post pictures and great stories about our time in the bush. That is if I can remember them by then. I am turning 30 next week, so that is questionable.


Goodbye to the 4 people who are still reading this blog!

Mrs. 3-N-1

5 comments:

  1. Still reading! Can you even see our comments??! Continuing to pray for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still read also!! I love hearing about y'all adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me (and I don't know you), but I have been reading your blog for a few months now, and I LOVE it. We're at the MTC right now, and perhaps we'll meet one day. Keep blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. (my name is kayla, i cant figure out how to make the commet thing post my name) anyways, i dont think you know me either, im a friend of josh and dawn cole. and i think i met john michael once. anyways i came across your blog and love it! keep posting! im praying for you guys! by the way you have beautiful girls :)

    ReplyDelete