Friday, September 10, 2010

Baby Mia


I had a baby. 9 days ago. Sorry I haven't written a new post. I know the 5 of you who read this blog have been waiting in intense anticipation for a new post. I have been trying to wait out the pain medicine and lack of sleep so that I would have a shot at creating some coherent sentences. I tried last week to post and it sounded something like this. "Babies, hospital, c section, sterilization, happy, sad, Shark Week, Tony Danza" See? Who the heck knows what I was trying to say. Tonight I am feeling a little more like myself. A very sore, tired version of myself, but a lot closer to being "me" than I was last week. Anyway, everything went great with our sweet little Mia's birth. She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz (so no one won the contest, including me, who was convinced that she weighed close to 9 lbs), and was 20 inches long. She was our first baby to not be jaundiced, so to us she has the most beautiful porcelain skin we have ever seen! She does nothing but sleep right now which I am very grateful for, but know that it won't last long. Her 2 big sisters think she is lots of fun, and are enjoying holding her, kissing her, and rocking her. That is, in between fights over all the new "Polly Pockets" they got from their Grammie who thought they needed to be spoiled more than they already are. I hate Polly Pockets. They are tiny, the clothes are impossible to get on and easy to lose, and for some reason my girls think they need 100 of them.

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to show her off a little bit. Isn't she beautiful? If not, don't tell me. I won't believe you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment