Sunday, August 1, 2010

Family Photo


I had to step away from "the list" for a few days because it just made me feel like I was drowning in a sea of things I need to do, but am not doing. Right now all I can think about is this baby, but I am afraid that once the baby actually gets here, I will be in a lack of sleep induced haze and will be completely worthless. Maybe our goal of January is just insane. We were mostly thinking about raising support when we set it, and not about paperwork, packing, shipping crates...oh, and HAVING A BABY!! I think I underestimated what that would bring into the equation. I am not sure how that happened, since I have experienced having a baby before...twice. Anyway, maybe somehow, miraculously, we will still make it in time. Because to be honest, even though it might not sound like it in this blog, we are dying to get to PNG! I am dreading all the preparation, but am definitely ready to be there. If I could have any super power it would definitely be teleportation. Beam me up, Scotty! Seriously, why has that technology not been developed, yet? Star Trek was in the 80s. You think someone would have figured out how to make that happen for real by now. You know, some genius had a really bad flight one day and decides he has had enough of poor airline service, so he goes to his "batcave" or wherever and wah- lah! We can now travel from here to China in .32 seconds! Oh well, maybe now that we all have to pay for checked bags, someone will get on that! What am I writing about? I don't even know. How did I digress this far?

Anyway, we are not even prepared for all the paperwork we have to do to get our visas. We were sent the first form by email this week which asked for a family photo. The last family photo we have is the one you see above. Yeah, that is Halloween last year. And the one before that is from January of that year (2009). We have 800,000,000 of our kids (but can you blame us, have you seen our kids??) None of us as a family. So, my goal for this week is to get someone to take a picture of our family. All of us. Together. Including my enormous pregnant belly. This will be trickier than you think because to get a picture of our kids' faces one of us has to be making noises and ridiculously dancing around near the camera.

This is from that photo shoot in January 2009. See what I mean? No dancing or silliness and this is the kind of picture we get. I personally love this picture, but I am sure the folks in New Guinea might want to know what our faces look like. Who knows? Anyway, so hopefully I will have a beautiful new family photo to post this week and a wonderful success story of how we got that shot.







If not, I'll send them a picture of this family. They look nice enough. They know we are from Mississippi, so this is probably what they were expecting anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment