Monday, July 9, 2012

Advice


One of the main reasons I started this blog was because of my own obsession with google before we left for the mission field. I like to read and know as much about my future life as possible. I have done it before every major change my family has encountered. Actually, even before that. As soon as I knew I was going to be a missionary, I started reading every single book by missionaries or about missionaries that I could get my hands on. I like to be prepared.

When we started to come here, I realized that there was very little reading material out there for me, and I knew that I couldn't be the only obsessive compulsive freak stalker woman who wanted to be as prepared as possible for this great new adventure, so I thought I would do all those women a favor and start blogging about my everyday existence here in PNG. And you know what. Some ladies who are currently in training with NTM have written me to say that they love getting the heads up, so this post is for them. Now they are not all coming to Papua New Guinea, but having lived or visited several different 3rd world countries, I know that this advice applies to anywhere they might choose to serve our most gracious Lord and Savior. Here goes:

The two most important things that any missionary should bring on the field with him/her are

1. The Word of God. Because, well, duh.

2. Imodium. I am serious. If you could pack an entire suitcase full of the stuff, then do it.




You're Welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am one of those freak stalkers. We actually just got accepted as missionaries and I have been reading blogs/books for the past 5 years. I also have read some to my children in hopes of preparing them in some ways. Glad to know that I am not the only one (my husband likes to poke fun at me for it!)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete