Thursday, May 24, 2012

Waiting...


I am not very good at waiting. And it seems like I have been doing a lot of waiting for the past 8 years of my life. Waiting for a wedding, waiting for babies, waiting for funds to come in, waiting for planes to arrive, and the longest wait has by far been waiting on moving into a tribe to help bring the gospel to an unreached people group. And now that I am in the country of Papua New Guinea and have learned the national language (so that I can learn the tribal language) and I so SO close...but...yet...waiting still. We are now in the process of choosing a place to go, and though the Lord has given us some direction towards this, His biggest direction for us now is...you guessed it...wait.

It is so hard to wait, though, harder than it has ever been because now we have seen people...



And places...




And things...



That tug on our heartstrings and make it all the more difficult to wait. But I was reminded in a Beth Moore bible study recently that God is not INACTIVE in our wait. He is working. And working for His will, His purpose and it is, and always will be good. So knowing that I am waiting on God and not waiting on a people, or an event, or a circumstance, gives me peace. Peace to know that my times are in His hands (Ps 31:15) and that the times of these people with whom I will soon live are in His hands. People that He created in His image. That He loves, and longs to redeem.

No comments:

Post a Comment