Thursday, May 31, 2012

Election



It is election time here in Papua New Guinea, and since I know it is an election year in the U.S. I thought I would share some things about elections that we can all relate to.

You know how all the candidates dress up in fancy western clothes, but then parade around the street with people wearing traditional tribal dress who dance and beat drums. Yeah, that is one of my favorite things about an election year.

Also, you know how you NEVER see a commercial from a candidate on the one TV channel that you have, but you see commercials from said channel asking the candidates to please advertise with them? That is so annoying right?

There are also those commercials urging everyone to go and vote in English, although some people have a hard time with reversing "L" and "R" which makes watching these people say the word "election" on TV a little awkward. 

And finally the most annoying thing about elections is when the candidates drive up and down the streets of town (sort of like Frosty the Snowman, but not right through the traffic stop because there is no traffic stop, in fact I have not seen a traffic light in over a year) yelling, honking, and giving away free beer. I know you hate that too.

Alright, folks, that's it! Happy Election Year to all you people out there in The Land of Abundance! Wear an "I Voted" sticker for me! (in a few months of course)


1 comment: