Saturday, February 5, 2011

Perspective


Look at this precious baby girl! That baby is about to be five years old! FIVE YEARS! I have been a mom longer than I was in high school. Wait that can't be right. High school took FOR-EV-ER! I mean those four years went by so slowly there were days that I thought I was reliving the same day over and over again, you know like Groundhog Day? These five years have gone by so fast that I can't even think about it. Its like every time I blink another year goes by. I wonder if I stop blinking if time will slow down. Hang on, I am going to try it....

Ok, that didn't really work, and now my eyes are really dry. Actually, the reason for showing you this picture is for you to check out that sweet ride in the background. That's right ladies and gentlemen that is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutless Ciera. It was our family car before we got our mini van. It was complete with blue velour interior like this...

Jealous? Yeah, I know! It was a great car, though. Ugly. Yes. But when we bought it, it only had 30,000 miles (or something like that, JMG knows the exact mileage) and only cost us $1,500. We sold a Ford Taurus with 120,000 miles on it for $3,000 and used the rest of the money to get our house painted... so we could sell it...so we could go on the mission field.

That is not the point of this post. That was just some extra information for your reading pleasure. Although, I doubt it brought you pleasure. Probably more like boredom...I'll move on.

Anyway, this is what we drive now...



That is our pastor and his wife. They helped us get this awesome van. I know people don't like mini vans. They get made fun of. People vow they will never drive one. But I L-O-V-E mine! LOVE IT! I am slightly obsessed with it. It makes my life so much easier, and lets get honest, when you go from a 1995 Olds, this van is a MAJOR step up!

Actually, all this is not really the point of this post either. All this car talk is just to illustrate a point. (Also, I threw it in here for the few guys who read this blog. With all the talk about placentas, lactating, and tampons that you have had to endure on here, I thought I owed you this)Back to the point... I have been throwing myself a nice little pity party since all this health stuff with JMG came up and ruined our plans to go to PNG. It has been a great party with streamers and confetti. I haven't felt like blogging. It was all I could do to get that dumb gummi bears post up. (Yes, I spell "gummi" with an "i"- like the old cartoon, which was awesome, and therefore deserves my spelling "gummi" with an "i" on this blog) Saturday was the day we were supposed to leave, and I was depressed all day. I was still depressed on Sunday, so I continued my party and barely got myself dressed. I mean, I wore a sweatshirt to church. It was pathetic, but very comfy, and my nice church family didn't care, which made me feel better. Then the Lord reminded me that I was being ridiculous. We have some close friends and family going through things that are WAY more difficult than what I am going through. I should be THANKFUL for my life and my husband's life and health, and should be trusting God's plan for us...well, I always trusted God's plan, but I just didn't really like it. Honesty.

So, its is all about perspective. I need to look at our circumstances like I look at our van, and LOVE them. LOVE the changes. LOVE the new plans. LOVE that I know it is not my stupid plan, but God's PERFECT plan. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I CAN NOT believe that she and Matthew will be 5! CRAZINESS!!
    also, I loved that hunk of junk car. It takes me back for sure!

    ReplyDelete