Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy V-Day!

Well, tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and here I sit, a state away from my Valentine! I was supposed to go home tomorrow, but then my sister called and said she might come visit next weekend (she lives in North Carolina, so the only time we get to see each other is when we meet in Alabama). Anyway, so I changed my plans on the chance that I might get to see my sister, maybe, if it all works out...possibly. Hopefully, this will show her how much I love her. I mean I am giving up my Valentines plans of dinner and then going to see "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never" with my hubby, when I don't even know if she is actually coming or not. Just kidding. I could never get JMGJ into that movie. He has always been jealous of guys who could do the "hair flick" and there is no way he could sit through an entire movie of it.

Anyway, so I thought I would share a few things about my Valentine, and why I love him so much. We are very much opposites, but "opposites attract" as Paula Abdul sang in 1989, which I am sure is the last time she formed a coherent sentence. But that is not the point. Here goes...

1. He is a social butterfly. I am socially awkward.

2. He drinks his coffee black. I like my cream with a little coffee in it...and vanilla...and whipped cream...and chocolate sauce...and little chocolate shaved swirls.

3. He is a night person. I am a morning person.

4. He loves to talk. I love to listen.

5. He is decisive. Having to make any type of decision paralyzes me. Please do not ask me where we should have dinner. Ever. We will starve.

6. He is strong and athletic. I am probably the weakest person I know. And the least coordinated.

7. He can sing, and play multiple instruments. I can listen to him sing and play multiple instruments.

8. He can learn other languages really easily. It took me 6 years and an accidental degree to learn Spanish.

But, there are some very important things that we have in common that make me love him even more...

1. He loves all the same TV shows I do.

2. He loves our daughters unconditionally.

3. He wants to be a tribal church planter more than anything.

4. He love Jesus more than anyone or anything else. And that my friends, is my favorite thing about him.

2 comments:

  1. I drink black coffee too! This was a nice piece. I know you miss him and I pray you get to see him soon. GBU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, great post!
    Have a great Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete