Friday, November 19, 2010

FAQ




My friend Michelle (hey Michelle, I was going to put a picture of you here, but I only have pictures of you from high school, and I want to still be able to call you my friend, so I didn't add it) suggested that I do an FAQ about PNG post. At first I thought I would just wait until we got there, so I could answer questions more accurately, but now I think it will be fun to go ahead and do it, and then revisit the questions once I get there to see how dumb and/or naive I was about everything! So, if you have questions about PNG or New Tribes or anything really just comment here or you can email them to tribalwife@yahoo.com and I will do my best to answer them. Until then, I thought I would go ahead and tell you just a few of the most common questions I get now and the answers to them...

1. Where is Papua New Guinea?
Above Australia.

2. Are you taking your kids with you?
Yes, I love my kids. I would like to see their faces everyday- not every 3 to 5 years.

3. Are you going to home school?
Yes

4. Are your kids going to be illiterate?
Yes

5. What do your parents think?
They are proud, but very very sad.

6. Do you have to raise your own support?
Yes.

7. Are you going with "the Southern Baptists" or the "IMB"?
No, we are going with New Tribes Mission

8. Did you know that if you go with the IMB you do not have to raise your own support?
Yes, and that would be pretty sweet.

9. Why aren't you going with the IMB?
Simply, God just did not call us to go with them. He called us to New Tribes, so we said, "ok".

10. What is your biggest fear?
Ending up on peopleofwalmart.com

There you go. If you want to know anything else, just ask and I will answer. It might not be a "correct" answer, but it will definitely be answered!

2 comments:

  1. The pink linen dress and I both thank you! (was yours pink or khaki?)

    I think my curiosities are practical ones. "Primitive tribal group" makes me picture you in a straw hut with dirt floors...so what will your living situation be like? Will you have to hunt/gather your own food or are there markets? What about washing clothes? Can we mail you things once you're there?

    I may have more later :)

    ReplyDelete