Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Going Home

Well, we are going home to Hewa tomorrow, and while I can't say that this is the break we had hoped/planned for, the Lord has used this time to connect us with some sweet  precious friends and fellow missionaries who spent countless hours just listening and ministering to us.

Tomorrow will be difficult for sure, so we covet your prayers as we face such a bittersweet homecoming.

Answers to some FAQs:

1.As most of you know I can post on this blog from the bush via short wave radio. I will try to update as much as I can, though sometimes it doesn't always come out like it is supposed to. When I email it through the radio I have no way to see your comments, but I promise when I come out to town I love reading every single one. If you would like to comment to me directly you can email me at john_george@ntm.org, but because the radio can only transmit a limited amount of data the emails have to be less than 100k. This just means that you can send mostly text. Small file sized pictures are ok too.

2. I am asked a lot for permission to share or link blog posts, and the answer to that is always YES! If I put it on the internet then you can spread it around. If you want to use anything from this blog (pics, stories, etc.) for your youth groups, Sunday School classes or just your friends then go right ahead. We want as many people as possible to know about the Hewa people, their church, and their desire to spread the Gospel all over the Central Mountain Range of Papua New Guinea.

3. I do not have internet. I have set up a link that automatically posts this blog to facebook anytime I update it, but sadly, I cannot view facebook until we come into a town with internet.

4. Finally, we are planning on coming back to America in May of 2014 for a nine month furlough. We will be spending the month of July with my family in North Carolina, and the rest of the time in Mississippi, Alabama, or wherever else in the US we are asked to speak. If you would like us to come visit your church, youth group, small group, Sunday School class, bowling team, fight club, your mom's house-wherever- you can also contact us at the email above. 

Koyo clc,
(That's it)
Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment