Monday, September 26, 2011

We are still in the land of no internet, and I think we will be here until the first of November now. We feel good about it because 1. We are really liking tribal life and 2. We think that it will really help our Pidgin study to stay in here a little longer.  So, I am still updating this blog via e-mail. How do I have email with no internet? Well, we email through a short wave radio. How does that work? I have no idea, but I am sure you can google it.

 

Anyway, the only thing I don’t like about it is that I am writing these blogs with no idea if anyone is reading them. I also don’t like that fact that I can’t get Auburn football scores but that is another subject for another day. Oh, and I don’t like the fact that I cannot add pictures. I wonder, if you are actually reading these, if you are getting bored with just text. I know I would be. But since I can’t add pictures anyway, I thought I would tell you about all the things I really wish I had a picture of and don’t because it was either inappropriate, or I just didn’t have a camera:

 

1.      Me slipping and falling in mud while walking in a funeral procession.

2.      The naked kid, covered with ringworm from head to toe carrying my pillow to the house for me when we moved in. (note to self, when we move out, pack pillow in suitcase)

3.      My baby leaned half way out of a canoe so she could stick her hand in the water as we travelled across the river. (don’t worry, mom, I was holding on tight)

4.      A kid sitting next to my five year old in church (himself also being about five years old,) handing her a knife to use to carve the sick she was playing with.

5.      The Sunday School teacher using a spear as a pointer when teaching the kids the memory verse for the week. (I actually thought this was pretty cool)

6.      The hundreds of termites we just found in the top of the closet. (I wonder if anyone has told the missionary family whose house we are in about this blog?  If so, are they reading this right now and freaking out??? Just in case, this message is for them…Hi, H family! Don’t worry about your house we are taking good care of it for you! We just saved it from total termite destruction!)

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs keep me from feeling totally out of touch, even without pictures. I wonder if I email the Auburn scores, if JM will tell you what they are.

    ReplyDelete